Advanced Drug Trends Training
February 24, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Human Services Campus, 2nd Floor Conference Room
317 7th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Erin Foster, ASAC Linn County Prevention Director
Erin received her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Iowa. She started as a Prevention Specialist at ASAC in July of 2007 and became the Linn County Prevention Director in March of 2012. Erin enjoys the time she gets to spend training on how substances have a large impact in the health and safety of a community.
Curt Wheeler, ASAC Prevention Specialist
Curt received his Bachelor’s Degree from Mt. Mercy University and has been working with youth and families for over 20 years. He has been an ASAC Prevention Specialist since November of 2011. Curt believes in strong community partnerships to address many of the problems facing our youth, offering viewpoints as a professional and as a parent of two boys.
- Understand key changes in drug culture, including marijuana, prescription drugs, heroin, W-18, and nicotine.
- Engage in discussion on how culture can play a role in substance perceptions and use.
- Identify steps to prevent and address substance abuse in their communities.
- 8:30 – 9:00 – Registration
- 9:00 – 9:15 – Welcome & Introductions
- 9:15 – 10:30 – Overview from Basic Drug Trends Training
- Electronic Smoking Devices
- Synthetic Drugs
- Marijuana Law
- Prescription Drugs
- 10:30 – 10:45 – Morning Break
- 10:45 – 12:15 – Prescription Drugs Update & Heroin
- 12:15 – 12:45 – Lunch
- 12:45 – 2:15 – What’s New?
- 2:15 – 2:30 – Afternoon Break
- 2:30 – 3:45 – Cultural & Prevention Discussion
- 3:45 – 4:00 – Evaluation & Wrap Up
Human Services Campus, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 317 7th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids IA, 52401
6.0 CEUs are pending from the Iowa Board of Certification.
$60 (50% off for ASAC staff).
Register here! Registration is open until February 14th, 2017 or until registration is full.