Responsible Beverage Service Training (RBST) is available throughout the ASAC Service Area for both on and off premise alcohol retailers. TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) is the global leader in education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol. Proven effective by third-party studies, TIPS® is a skills-based training program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving. ASAC promotes and offers the TIPS® program.
For a complete list of all the upcoming TIPS® trainings click here.
Wherever alcohol is sold, served or consumed, TIPS® offers concrete benefits for your establishment, staff and community:
- Minimized property damage caused by intoxicated patrons.
- Protect your bottom line by reducing penalties for alcohol violations.
- Legal Protection – In third-party liquor liability lawsuits, TIPS® provides a “reasonable efforts defense.” Read more about Understanding Liability.
- Regulatory Compliance – TIPS® training satisfies the requirements in most states that regulate server training. View the regulations in your state.
- Insurance Discounts – May insurance companies provide discounts to establishments whose employees are TIPS-certified. View the TIPS® verified Insurance Agencies.
- Enhanced Community Standing – TIPS® leads the way in framing the debates about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness.
- Help workers avoid serving alcohol to minors.
- Staff Professionalism – TIPS® training enhances the skills of your employees who in turn offer improved service to your customers.
- Reduce human tragedy resulting from drunkenness and drunk driving.
Cost for TIPS® service vary by county, based on available funding to support this initiative. To request an individual training for your business, please contact ASAC Prevention Services.
For More Information
Call the ASAC Prevention Office at 319-390-1881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.