Substance abuse is a major health problem that affects workplace performance, safety, and the overall well being of the user and non-user alike. Addressing substance abuse in the workplace can take a variety of forms, ranging from educational programs to policy development.
Services We Provide
ASAC staff can help businesses to create a safe and healthy workplace by:
- Developing company drug or tobacco policies
- Conducting educational sessions for employees and managers. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Drug free workplace training for supervisors
- Required one or two hour substance abuse training for workplaces that drug test
- Signs and symptoms of substance use and how to address it in the workplace
- Emerging drug trends
- Proper medication management and disposal
- Providing information on drug testing
- Making referrals for Employee Assistance Programs
- Alcohol Retailer Risk Assessment
- Responsible Service Training (TIPS)
On-site workplace trainings are free to non-profit agencies in Linn, Benton, Jones, Jackson and Clinton counties. ASAC recommends a donation to ASAC Prevention from for-profit businesses in ASAC’s 5-county service area. Policy support is offered free of charge to all businesses within the ASAC service area. Community based training opportunities are available for $10 per hour per person.
For More Information
If you would like to learn more, or discuss services for your organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.