Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS) and Cannabis Screening and Intervention for College Students (CASICS) are short term individual sessions for young adults ages 18-24. Criteria for this program include:
- No prior history of substance abuse treatment, or
- First legal infraction involving substance abuse, (not OWI/zero-tolerance)
- Age 18-24 and not in high school
- Not a currently enrolled college student of Coe, Cornell, Mt. Mercy or Kirkwood
*Students enrolled in these four colleges are eligible to receive BASICS or CASICS at their school by contacting:
- Coe College – Tom Hicks, Associate Dean of Students email@example.com or 319-399-8741
- Mercy University – Scott Horch, Residence Life Director firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-363-1323 ext. 1554
- Cornell College – Heidi Levine, Assistance Vice President of Student Affairs & Dean of Students email@example.com or 319-895-4234
- Kirkwood Community College – Jon Buse, Dean of Students firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-398-5584
The program fee for individuals referred to the BASICS/CASICS early intervention program is based on the sliding fee scale with the minimum fee being $5, and the maximum fee being $125.
To sign up for a BASICS or CASICS session, please call 319-390-4611 to be connected with one of our trained facilitators.
For More Information
Call the ASAC Prevention Office at 319-390-1881 or email email@example.com.