Not always the most glamorous jobs, but every bit of effort helps. There are several ways you can volunteer, either as an individual, or with a group. We match the interests, skills and talents of our volunteers with the needs of the agency and the clients we serve. If you have a skill set that doesn’t fall into one of the these areas please don’t let that stop you, we will work with you to find an opportunity that is the right fit for you.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Prevention Volunteer
- Bathroom Cleaning Volunteer
- CD+ Youth Residential Volunteer
- King House Client Support Volunteer
- King House Facility Support Volunteer
Group Volunteer Opportunities
We have a number of projects that come up throughout the year. These include tree plantings, lawn work, painting projects, and the cleaning of apartments.
To serve as a volunteer at ASAC individuals must:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Agree to uphold the confidentiality of our clients
- Commit to an established amount of time or volunteer schedule
- Possess a genuine interest in helping individuals and families in recovery
You can volunteer as little or as much as you want. If you have a special hobby or skill you would like to share, please make sure to notate that in your application. Please note: The Iowa Department of Public Health requires anyone who works or volunteers for a substance abuse treatment agency must have a 2-part TB test, ASAC will cover the cost of this test.
For More Information
For Linn, Benton and Jones Counties, contact Laurel Merrick at (319) 390-4611. For Clinton and Jackson Counties, contact Paul Willging at (563) 243-2124.